COURSE LINK: Quant Finance Interview Prep Course
Now ask for as low as just one customized session (1 hour) from qcfinance.in at $20.
- One-to-one session with the instructor.
- Access to preparation material.
- Discussion on case studies of various finance companies.
- Acquire information on different interview formats.
- Get accustomed to analytic and programming.
This is a one-on-one course for providing proper individualistic approach and prepare you for quant finance interviews. This course will help you in making a proper strategy to crack the interviews. It consists of 6 classes of an hour each. It will focus on various questions that can be asked during the interviews & how to tackle them. Different case studies of various quant finance companies will also be discussed so that you can tackle such questions with ease. Both Aptitude & Financial part would be taken care of. Proper materials would be provided along with some recommendations for books.
- 06 Live online interactive classes
- 03 Assessment test
- 02 Online test
- 01 PDF
- 06 Videos
- Be fully prepared for quant job.
- Get all mandatory information for cracking interviews.
- Get all necessary material you need for quant interviews.
- Presentations and PDFs will be provided.
- Class duration: 1 hour/class.
|Class No.||Topic||Class Duration|
|1||Course structure – Making changes to the plan||1 hour|
|2||Soft Quantitative Aspects in Finance and News||1 hour|
|3||Excel, VBA, MATLAB, R, SAS, SQL Revision||1 hour|
|4||Calculus and C++||1 hour|
|5||Puzzles and Qualitative Aspects||1 hour|
|6||Revision/Doubt Clearing||1 hour|
Financial Interview Playlist:
You can make your payment on our website as well
- MAKE PAYMENT (Get $20 off)
Fill our Quant Finance Interview Strategy Report:
Areas To Focus on For Interview Prep (with demo questions)
You can reasonably expect to be asked the following questions:
- Why our company?
- Why this particular position? (Especially if your degree is in an unrelated field)
- Describe a time when you were a leader in a team situation
- Tell me about a conflict that you experience within a team, and how you resolved it.
- Tell me about a time when you succeeded under stressful circumstances
- Which financial markets interest you at the moment?
- Why should we hire you over all the other candidates?
Types of Questions You May be Asked:
- How would you value a certain company?
- Pitch me a stock
- How would the rise of China threaten the German economy?
- What is the exchange rate between the Euro and the American dollar?
- What are some problems investors might face in the future?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Give an example of a moral dilemma your have experienced
- How do you cope with stress?
- You are sitting in a boat in the middle of a lake (alone) and drop in the anchor – Does the water level increase or decrease?
- Tell me about something interesting that you have read recently
- How would you convince a client that their request cannot be met?
- What will you be doing in your first year at GS?
- Give me a recap of your life in 30 seconds
- How many manhole covers are there in London?
Question on projects: this becomes important
Leadership position / independent work /
Areas of concern:
- Tell something about you
- 20 seconds 50%
- Never assume next question
- Body language
- Tone consistency
- Hard-cored personality
- Selling yourself
- Strategic Exaggeration
- Recent vs old achievement
- Leveraged to strong areas
- Quant maths
- Rounds of Interview: Layers
- Value for money
- react vs respond
- artificiality for selling
- Battles are won in mind
- Breaking the ice
- women vs peer vs old men
- Smiling at right times
- Greeting at right times
- Reactions and emotions not allowed
- Correlated weakness
- Games with no truth
- Verbal Skills are imp like GMAT
- Supply demand
- Technical vs HR
- Switching demand and supply
Supply demand in jobs: Arrow diagram of jobs means plotting supply and demand. Its a pure case of supply demand, hence if you go in a area where demand is less and supply is also less then that is a better strategy than going to supply more, demand area. This is my personal belief and my strategy. Because people are less also the demand is less there are chances of better negotiations.
Dealing with HR people: HR people should be dealt with appropriately. There are various people and layers that decides your entry in an organization. Much of things depends on your qualifications and the place you do your PG from, hence this becomes one area of negotiations even if you can do the job of more qualified people. Hence in this case CFA, FRM and other exams become very useful.
Company size decision:
Small: No Big names, freedom, high pay, more learning that you can do.
Big: Adds to resume, more extra stuff, foreign assignment, less learning from self.
Questions for you are:
- When HR says no more negotiations do they mean so?
- How to catch mis-match in demand supply?
- If you are getting better each day, how does too often switch matter? (Example 2 yr exp in good company vs 1 year in 2, and clearing exams like FRM/GMAT in the break)
- How really less are the Quant jobs in India?
- How to increase the interview count, how to move from Door to Door when email does not work?
Solutions and Discussions
- Memorize all answers.
- Learn about job, role and sector.
- 2-3 minutes is what it matters.
- Positive mind, never react when forced to, take deep breath when angry or nervous.
- Learn to lie, this is game of demand and supply.
- Emphasis on knowing Research, Analysis, Reporting or which role that is.
- What can you do that others cannot do.
- First 6 months are tough with no Saturday and that is all right with you.
- Least attractive: Political and diplomatic answers.
- All negative answers: deal politely.
- Do not condemn others, talk about yourself only.
- Desire to progress/ recognition when due/ opportunity and suitability/ applying myself/ diversification / team working/ synchronized research / etc are reasons to join.
- Be open minded.
- Psychology of interviewers.
- Definition of position or works that you need to know, do you know this?
- Different types of analyst.
- Working on tough past.
- again understand the profile very carefully.
- Ask them in a very soft and humble way.
- How long would you like to work with us.
- Do you know how to deal with company politics / backstabbing / trust deficit.
- Avoid words like until/unless/my opinion.
- Over Qualified answer.
- Standard questions and answers.
- Falsehood and lying with HR.
- Ego issues in job.
- Goals and targets.
- 3 failed ventures.
- Websites of interview Questions.
- Consultants are also important and they can be contacted at a later stage.
Developing Financial Acumen:
- Looking at news and presentations
- Great men says
- Macro Economics
- Reading news
- 10 Examples of Monte Carlo.
- 10 examples of linear regression in Quant Corpt Fin / fin risk.
- Econometrics: Multi colinearity how to remove it.
- Logistics regression.
- Interpret rate paths using excel.
- MATLAB for interest rate paths.
- Are the risk different in HFT?
- Volatility modeling using Heston.
- Small errors
- Over aggressiveness and over exerting
- Preacher, giver of more that is needed
50 Standard Questions of HR:
- Memorize all of them
- Greatest weakness
What to ask them in the end:
- Exact Profile
- CFA FRM study leave
- Relocation issues
- Read about company
- Guess supply demand
- Body Language like nodding
- Find company info
- How to develop
- Spirituality Link
Technical questions in Finance interviews:
- Financial ratios (to find out problems in the company with balance sheets)
- Valuation of companies CFA level 2
- Modeling used in the industry
Questions in Quant finance jobs are very different:
Technical questions for Investment Banking / Equity valuation:
- Enterprise Value
- Ratio modeling / Price to book ratio
- Footnotes auditor’s report n Management Discussion
- Du-point analysis
Different Version of Resumes:
Once you know how many areas you want to go in, then according to need you can change your resume. Hence for that you should have different version of resumes. The areas that you need to cover are:
- Credit / Market Risk/ Quant Resume FRM L2
- Equity Research / Investment Banking / Private Equity Resumes CFA L2
- Algorithmic Trading / Quant Resume FRM / CMT
- Derivative Analyst / Derivative Trading / Generic Trading FRM / CMT
Hence you should have at-least 4 version of resumes. Salary things, 10 times factor, Symbiotic relations
Other strategic issues:
- Issues like bond, movement, absconding, etc must be taken care of before joining ideally.
- Company reimbursement of cfa frm exam fee
- Notice period buy-able
- Getting in touch with peers is another important thing
Major banks that everyone in finance wants to work are:
- Citigroup Inc., Deutsche Bank AG, Goldman Sachs Group Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Morgan Stanley and UBS AG
- As far as India goes most of them are in Mumbai or Bangalore.
- Citi is in Mumbai, JP Morgan is in Mumbai, Goldman is in Bangalore, DB is in Mumbai and Bangalore, Morgan Stanley is in Mumbai, UBS is in Hyderabad, Barkley is in Mumbai.
KPOs in finance are:
These questions are related to equity valuation
Some more Questions:
1. Tell me about yourself?
2. What do you know about Our Company?
3. What can you do for Our Company?
4. Why do you want to work for Our Company?
5. Tell me the latest Our Company headline you read. What are your thoughts on how that will impact Our Company?
6. If you were in a team involved in a secret Our company project, how would you refrain from telling your significant other, friends, family, etc?
7. Where do you see Our Company’s products?
8. How can you relate the goals you have for yourself to the goals of Our Company?
- Do not utter your figure
- How to ask for more
- Hinting the opportunity cost
- Asking about profile
- Big vs Small company
Data structures and algorithms:
Some of the recommended References:
- C++ design patterns and derivatives
- A Practical Guide To Quantitative Finance Interviews – Xinfeng Zhou
- Quant Job Interview Questions And Answers – Mark S. Joshi
- Heard on The Street: Quantitative Questions from Wall Street Job Interviews – Timothy Falcon Crack
Third Party References:
One on One Customized Training:
qcfinance.in believes in personalized touch so that our clients are completely satisfied with our service. In this regard, we offer One on One Customized Training to our clients.
These Training are provided on requests by our clients & are customized according to their individual needs.
The course structure & timings for these training are highly flexible, classes are scheduled as per the convenience of our clients.
Custom Video Solutions:
In yet another innovation to simplify things for our learners, qcfinance.in has introduced the Custom Video Solutions Options. If a learner has some specific query but don’t have the time to come to live online class, then he/she can ask for custom video solution for the query. qcfinance.in will make a video recording that will be uploaded to YouTube or given directly to the learner in mp4 format for there viewing. A learner can go through the recording as per there convenience. If still doubts exist, he/she can email us anytime for clarifying them.
Note: If you miss a scheduled one on one class, then don’t worry, you can reschedule it at your convenient time & the missed class won’t be counted. You may defer a class any number of time. Also, you get life time access to materials which gets constantly updated.
Frequently Asked Questions: http://qcfinance.in/FAQ.pdf
Contact Us for More details: email@example.com
Contact Us At: firstname.lastname@example.org